[mrtg] using smnp?

Martin MacLeod-Brown mmacleod at london.edu
Thu Jun 27 14:12:14 CEST 2013

Im well versed in using MRTG to graph our network interfaces, but Im less sure on the best way to use SNMP based queries?
I have an SNMP string (.1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.5.2.1.5.1.7) which will give me the number of users per radio per Access Point  which Id like to turn into a series of Graphs> If I walk the MiB, that query will return 590 results.
Normally Id point cfgmaker at the router or switch, but Im unsure how to get a config file for this query that I can then edit?

If someone can give me a pointer Id be very grateful

Martin