[mrtg] Remove spurious entry from rdd database

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 26 21:30:33 CET 2013

> I am recording error counts from the stats of an ADSL modem and during
> a power
> surge the count seems to have gone through the roof.  As a result, in
> any
> graph other than this week's I cannot see anything but than a massive
> spike.
> All historical data counts are too small in comparison to be visible.

There's a 3rd-party script called killspike.pl that replaces spikes with 'unknown'.  I think it's in the contrib. directory of the rrdtool package?

If you're using MRTG/RRD with Routers2 as the frontend, the 'Rescale' button changes the scale to show the normal data and deal with this sort of situation.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : 打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会