[mrtg] Strange MRTG problem

Simon Westlake simon.westlake at digitalgunfire.com
Wed May 15 13:31:18 CEST 2013

Thanks for the ideas. Community string is actually redacted, but I guess I
should've made that more obvious than mashing the keyboard :)

Agreed, my first thought was v1 but I am now specifically targetting 64bit
counter OIDs and I've verified it is using SNMP v2 through debug options.
Definitely sure the port is the same - low values are slightly different
but the intervals are also slightly different (Cacti is running on 1
minute, MRTG is running on 10 minutes.)

The MRTG version is super old - that was one of my first thoughts, I'm just
somewhat reluctant to even touch it as it's running on an incredibly old
version of Linux as well but I think that is my next plan.

Not using a third party front end, it is a custom PHP script that calls
'rrdtool graph' directly. I will try rearranging the config file, thanks
for that idea.

--
- Simon Westlake
[ digitalgunfire.com ]