[mrtg] Strange MRTG problem

Matthew Petach mpetach at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 21:19:21 CEST 2013

If you're running MRTG on 10 minute intervals,
isn't the "Interval: 5" setting in your config file
wrong?  If the rrd file was created with Interval: 5,
and then you change the polling interval to 10, but
don't dump/recreate the rrd file, it'll still be operating
under the assumption your interval is 5 minutes, not
10 minutes.

Does your data start to look better if you run it at
five minute intervals, to match what your rrd file
is expecting?

Matt