[mrtg] speedy

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Tue Nov 5 15:43:43 CET 2013

Hi all,

It's time to rebuild my MRTG server... hardware is going to fail, and I
want to virtualize it anyway.  BTW, uptime is over 2300 days, and it's
running CentOS 4.3, MRTG 2.10.15 and RRDTool 1.2.13.  We use it every
day, and I want to thank Mr. Oetiker for all of his work on this.

Installation was going well, until I get to the issue of speedy.cgi,
which *all* of my .  I have come to realize that the world has left
speedy.cgi behind, even though it was highly recommended "back in the
day" on the MRTG site.

So what is the replacement for speedy?  Is it even needed anymore, with
the processor advancements?

TIA!

Alex