[mrtg] migrating MRTG

Ian Diddams ian.diddams at issolutions.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 18:04:43 CEST 2014

I'm moving MRTG from a solaris box to a linux (centos 6) server, running mrtg 2.17.4 as a fresh installation.

It's all working fine BUT ...  I would rather like the old history from the previous server to be migrated too, so that we get the full last-year-graph as well.

I've tested an idea for the cpu logs we have by concatenation the old file beneath the new file...  but while I can see from the epoch dates in it the logged data is "there" it doesn't result in a yearly/monthly file etc.

What need I be doing to achieve this?

Cheers

ian

Disclaimer:

This message is intended for the addressee only. It may contain information of a confidential or legally privileged nature. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and destroy the message immediately. All attachments have been scanned for viruses. However IS Solutions plc cannot accept liability for any loss or damage you may incur as a result of virus infection.