[mrtg] Need help trying to figure out how to filter out a certain type of interface

Stephen D. Rasmussen srasmussen at sfasu.edu
Mon Apr 20 17:40:18 CEST 2015

All,

We are running MRTG and every time we run it the script I am running renders all of the interfaces I WANT it to, but also a couple which I don't want.  I am hoping someone can tell me how to alter my current cfgmaker script to automatically ignore these interfaces.  My current script looks like this:

perl cfgmaker --ifdesc=alias --global WriteExpires:Yes --global "RunAsDaemon: yes" --global "options[_]: growright,bits" --global "WorkDir: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mrtg" --output mrtg.cfg --subdirs=HOSTNAME --snmp-options=:::::2 "--if-filter=(($if_is_ethernet || $if_is_ciscovlan) && $if_admin && $if_oper)" XXXXXXXX@##.##.##.##<mailto:XXXXXXXX@##.##.##.##>

What I would like to do is put a filter in which automatically ignores interfaces with a DESCRIPTION like NDE_##.  Can anyone tell me what filter expression I could add to our cfgmaker script to ignore these automatically instead of having to comment them out of the config file after creation?

Thanks in advance,

[logo]

Stephen Rasmussen
System Network Administrator
Telecommunications and Networking
Stephen F. Austin State University
P.O. Box 6095, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, Texas 75962-6095
936-468-1246
srasmussen at sfasu.edu<mailto:srasmussen at sfasu.edu>  |  www.sfasu.edu<http://www.sfasu.edu/>

"The views and opinions expressed in this message are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Stephen F. Austin State University, its Board of Regents, or the State of Texas."