[mrtg] TrafGrapher - interactive multiple MRTG data in one graph

Ján ONDREJ ondrejj at salstar.sk
Tue Apr 28 12:34:02 CEST 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 11:29:34AM +0100, Niall O'Reilly wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 05:39:52 +0100,
> Ján ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:
> >
> > Dear MRTG users,
> >
> >   I am pleased to announce a new open source project named TrafGrapher. This
> > is an pure html/javascript/css application, which can display multiple MRTG
> > data in one graph, compare them, filter, etc...
>
>   Cool, but
>
> >    - reuse MRTG log files
>   [...]
> >    - less intensive disk writes for .log files
>
>   What about RRD?

I like simple MRTG files. RRD files are too complex and hard to process
them in javascript.

There is also an get.py script, which can collect SNMP v2c only (yet) data
and store it in MRTG like log files. They are a bit updated to mostly write
only new data and do not override whole file each time (will be overwritten
once per day). This get.py is still beta quality, other scripts are stable.

TrafGrapher can be configured to use multiple sources, you can write your
own data source. :-)

							SAL