[mrtg] TrafGrapher - interactive multiple MRTG data in one graph

Ján ONDREJ ondrejj at salstar.sk
Wed Apr 29 09:50:07 CEST 2015

Hello,

  thank you for you point of view, but TrafGrapher has not been created as
replacement for RRDTool. RRDTools utilities can be used to make similar
behaviour, asi is done by TrafGrapher.

  If there is any volunteer, it can write RRDTool processor for TrafGrapher,
even if it will not be simple, because processing binary data in javascript
is a bit complicated (at least for me).

  TrafGrapher's SNMP client (get.py) has better disk IO, like native MRTG.
On first run if MRTG log file is detected, then it's converted to
TrafGrapher log file by increasing first line's numbers to longer ones, for
example:
  1430293217 00000009387329063987 00000034934007987400
These counters can be overridden with new values without changind the rest
of file. New data is written to the end of file, so there is no need to read
or write whole file, just 2 blocks(sectors) (first and last).
Once per day files is completelly rewritten, data are cumulated and sorted
and old values are removed. I think this behaviour can signifivantly improve
disk usage. Is there any volunteer, who can compare this to RRDTool?

  I like simple text log files, but I don't oppose adding RRDTool data
support to TrafGrapher, just need an volunteer, who knows how data is stored
in rrd files.

							SAL