[mrtg] Monitoring multiple devices with MRTG

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Fri Mar 13 20:03:21 CET 2015

I suggest you get and read Steve Shipway’s Book Click here<http://www.steveshipway.org/book/> .  It describes in detail how to build an MRTG system at scale.  But be forewarned – this is not a weekend project.  Take some time to read and understand what you need, how to organize your data, and watch your equipment scaling.

My mrtg system has a database with unique snmp v3 credentials per device, lots of templates, scripts that generate the config files and the “config file of config files”.  You will need to come up with your own scheme.  Steve’s book is a really good starting point.