[mrtg] some help!

"Rafael M. Carballosa Hernández" rafael.carballosa at etecsa.cu
Wed May 27 19:08:20 CEST 2015

We have been working on information generated by mrtg, taking results of
pooling process  (log al old archives) and graphics generated by mrtg,
just information about bandwidth consumption.
Mainly, we use those datas to introduce them into postgres database and
letexternal users to perform different types of queries through a website.
We are having problems with the calculation of bandwidth. On several
occasions the percentage of occupation is going above 100%. I know that
this is impossible, I have verified with the service provider and
bandwidth is correct, I make calculations speed as logic says (calculate
the difference of bytes in the number of seconds elapsed and express
them in bits/sec). I am writing to you to know if you have had this
experience and help me find the solution.
An example: An user connected with adsl,  download bandwidth of 6400
Kbps, register speed of 6500, 6800 Kbps in high traffic peaks.

Thanks in advance,
Rafael