[mrtg] Continuing the post

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Jul 5 18:24:32 CEST 2016

On 7/5/16 9:15 AM, thomaz.portella at portoseguro.com.br wrote:
> Tks for replaying.
> But looking for detailed instructions, I saw in this site
> http://solutionsatexperts.com/mrtg-installation-and-configuration-steps-on-centos-redhat/
>
> the mrtg in the same location as mine.
> I couldn't build the mrtg.cfg file.
> Can anyone send me the instructions because I am not finding.
> Thanks again

As others have pointed out, even if you have correctly installed MRTG,
it does nothing by itself.

It's a tool, like a hammer. You need to point it at the nail heads and
swing it periodically. Pointing it at the nails is done by using
cfgmaker and supplying the SNMP info on what you want it to graph.
Swinging it periodically is done through cron.

Start here: http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/index.en.html

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net