[rrd-developers] Re: Tru64 - DEC Alpha - Cricket/RRDTool

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 3 07:25:19 MEST 2000

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-developers] Tru64 - DEC Alpha -...:

*> Tobi,
*>
*> <<
*>   Please find the changes appended ...
*>
*>   I am most interested in knowing if the TrueUnix stuff (64Bit) works>>
*>
*> We are running Tru64 on DEC Alpha and still having probs after upgrading
*> to rrdtool-1.0.14.
*> The probs are:
*> 1. Current value on all graphs remains at 0
*> 2. Last updated time on all graphs remains at xx-1970
*>
*> We spoke to you before & you said this was a Cricket problem. We have
*> had no luck getting any assistance from that side but have found a
*> number of other users with the same architecture having the same probs.

it would be interesting to know if the example scripts which come
with the rrdtool distribution work for you ... this is simething we
can all verify pretty easily ...

*>
*> Has anyone on this list managed to get this config. running properly??
*>
*> A colleague has almost finished a program which copies / compares /
*> merges MRTG files into the corresponding RRD files so we'd like to get
*> the Cricket interface working soon.
*> It has been suggested rewriting the grapher.cgi to use RRD's perl
*> libraries instead of the Cricket libraries has anyone done this?
*>
*> Any help / ideas / suggestions would be appreciated.
*>
*>
*> Jenny Hayes
*> Unix Systems Administrator
*> Networks Branch
*> NSW Department of Education & Training
*> Information Technology Bureau
*> Direct +61 2 9942 9762
*> Fax +61 2 9942 9600
*> Email jennifer.hayes at det.nsw.edu.au