[rrd-developers] off-topic - mrtg applet

Erdinc KAYA erdinc.kaya at sbs.com.tr
Tue Dec 12 09:51:55 MET 2000

Hi developers,

Sorry for posting this off-topic to this list, but I can't find any
information on the web.

I have been searching for a zoom-enabled tool to present mrtg data to our
customer, where I've came out with a java class, which makes this great.
	http://akbar.cc.utexas.edu/mrtg/thenet2/sprint-gw.the.net.1.html

However, I couldn't contact to the author of this tool, probably because
he's left the school he's working for or attended. Anyway, I have followed
the threads on mrtg-developers and rrd-developers, and find out that, you
guys will be putting that kind of tool to the new version of mrtg (which is
called mrtg-3). I guess there's no mrtg-3 but rrdtool and its frontends now.
And I cannot find any information on any such tool with the current version
of mrtg, and rrdtool (except the simple but perfectly working clickgraph
script contributed with rrdtool).

Could someone explain what is the developement phase for mrtg, and is there
any planned release which have such a tool?

PS: I'm not a good at programming but if someone could help me with the
writing of such a tool, I would be very happy to work on it and contribute
it.

Thanks in advance,
and thank you for this great tool that made our life valuable :)

Erdinc A. Kaya				Direct: +90 216 459 2862
System Administrator			Fax:    +90 216 459 2015
Siemens Business Services 		Mobile: +90 532 645 7025

Yakacik Yolu No: 111 Kartal 81430 Istanbul/Turkey