[rrd-developers] 1.0.14 RC1 ... please test

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Mar 26 22:58:57 MEST 2000

Folks,

I have been busy. I have prepared 1.0.14 ... Before I announce it
big time I would be glad if some of you cold build it and run it
against your applications ... (I know it builds, so the running is
the important bit)

Please find the changes appended ...

I am most interested in knowing if the TrueUnix stuff (64Bit) works
now, and if the TCL module is any good ...

get the code from http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub/beta/rrdtool-1.0.14.RC1.tar.gz

I will issue 1.0.14 in 24 hours unless I hear anything bad. Hearing
good things would be even better !!!!

The rrd_stat.c stuff is not in because I am not happy with it yet ...

ChangeLog for RRDtool 1.0.x
---------------------------
- bugfix, + enhancement, * contrib, = RELEASE
+ 2000/03/26 -- Tobi
  fetch pic flag from libtool ..

+ 2000/03/26 -- Frank Strauss strauss at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
  TCL bindings for rrdtool

- 2000/03/26 -- Tobi
  rrd_update should not change its argv string ... this can be
  fatal for external processes calling it ..

+ 2000/03/26 -- Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at freebsd.org>
  made sure the CDEF evaluator does not ever try to compare against
  NaN added new CDEF operators MIN,MAX,LIMIT

- 2000/03/26 -- Larry Parmelee <parmelee at CS.Cornell.EDU>
  examples/pipe-demo.pl.in was still using %f instead of %lf

- 2000/03/26 -- Tobi
  added some check to free calls in rrdcgi so that we don't free
anything
  which is already NULL ... freebsd hates this ...

+ 2000/03/26 -- Tobi
  Added RRD:GETENV to Pass 1 of rrdcgi (suggested by Jesper Skriver
<jesper at skriver.dk>)

- 2000/02/19 -- Bernard Fischer <bfischer at syslog.ch>
  added casting to floating point routines where needed. (get 64bit
working)

+ 2000/02/19 -- Bernard Fischer <bfischer at syslog.ch>
  added --alt-autoscale-max to autoscale only on the max value.

* 2000/02/14 -- Joey Miller <joeym at inficad.com>
  contributed php3 bindings contrib/php3

- 2000/03/26 -- Tobi
  Removed PL_na reference from RRD.xs ... it does now work with
Perl 5.6

+ 2000/03/02 -- Tobi
  added many more warning switches to rrdtool

- 2000/03/03 -- Tobias Weingartner <weingart at cs.ualberta.ca>
  out of bounds error in OP_PREV processing (rrd_graph.c) fixed

- 2000/02/25 -- Tobi
  hpux uses RRDs.sl instead of RRDs.so ... I have changed the
Makefile to handle this.

= 1.0.13 2000/02/13 -- Tobi

- 2000/02/13 -- Tobi
  restored rrd_tool.h ... got zeroed during the last distro process ...

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich