[rrd-developers] Compiling RRDtool on SCO OpenServer5

Travis Rayhons Trayhons at dordt.edu
Wed Nov 15 20:17:48 MET 2000

I downloaded rrdtool-1.0.28 to use in conjuction with MRTG-2.9.x.  On my SCO OpenServer5.0.5 server, I am unable to complete the command "sh configure" during the installation process.  I receive the following error message.

checking if IEEE math works out of the box... nan == nan ... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -ieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -qfloat=nofold switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -w -qflttrap=enable:zerodivide... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -mieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -q float=rndsngl switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with fpsetmask(0)... no
checking if IEEE math works with signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN)... nan == nan ... no
configure: error:
Your Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ... Please find out how to
make IEEE math work with your compiler and let me know (oetiker at ee.ethz.ch).
Check config.log to see what went wrong ...

I do not understand what is going on above, but if someone could point me in the right direction, I should be able to find out how SCO has implemented IEEE math in their compiler.  If you need to see a copy of my "config.log", I would be glad to provide that file.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Travis Rayhons
Dordt College                                            712-722-6299