[rrd-developers] Re: MySQL Integration

Cristian Caramida brick at adisam.com
Wed Nov 29 07:30:21 MET 2000

I have done something similar for a traffic/monitoring support site. I have
everything  in a mysql db.
I did this in order to create a administration site for RRDs. I can
automatically scan routers and Xedia APs and register their OIDs. Afterwards
someone can choose to create real datasources from the ones I found on the
routers that I scanned.
Or he can specify an other OID or a command to get data from. Then he can
group them into rrds (where he can specify whatever options needed for RRDs)
and collecting begins. I also integrated the graphs part into mysql. They
can be defined in the database and there's a separate db where you can
create users and categories in order to show them on your web-site. Because
we are a Frame-Relay provider I have added some features such as CIR
overruns calculations and so on to the web-site and the db, but it can be
used just to draw a red line on the graphs.
All of this is done in perl and php. No C. Perhaps I should rewrite the
collecting part in C.
Yet, it doesn't touches any parts of rrdtool.
I guess this is an other approach.
Anyhow it's under development (the parts I mentioned before are working) and
given the fact that I'm a Cisco engineer my time for this very limited.

Best regards,
Cristian Caramida