[rrd-developers] Re: rrd comments

Laurie.Gellatly@netic.com.au laurie.gellatly at netic.com.au
Sun Dec 9 12:58:50 MET 2001

Richard,
This question has been asked before.
The answer from Tobi was, in brief, why not put this kind of information
into a
simple support file as it does not directly change any aspect of how the RRD
was maintained or the data in it accessed.
The other side of the argument goes : because there is not much data and it
is directly related to the RRD it would be nice to keep it in the one file.
The outcome... do you see any of these things in an RRD today?
And, of course, you are free to make changes to the file layout for your
own use.

Cheers            ...Laurie :{)