[rrd-developers] rrd comments

Richard A. Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Sun Dec 9 08:28:22 MET 2001

I havn't been able to find this as an existing feature so I thought I'd
suggest it: the ability to store text comments in the .rrd's. For example
say you store customer graphs in cust001.rrd etc, it would be nice to
record the full name of the customer for use in a graph later on.

The two obvious places where you could benefit from text comments would be
on the entire .rrd (see previous example, "customer name"), and per DS
(for example details on how that data was collected). This would obviously
be something that should be defined during the create process.

Thoughts?