[rrd-developers] calling rrd_create directly in librrd.so

Ashok Mandala amandala at speedtrak.com
Fri Jul 20 01:33:26 MEST 2001

Hi,

I am trying to use the "C" API  for the rrd functionality to
create/update rrd files. I have created the proper argument list that
rrd_create expects, but I get a segmentation fault from rrd_create when
I try to use it. I have stepped through the code using gdb and have
followed it to the point in rrd_create.c where it calls getopt_long() -
there it issues a segmentation fault when I try to step into it. I saw
some code for getopt_long() definition in getopt1.c included with
rrdtool - so this call should have gone to that getopt_long() and the
source should have opened up. Is the call binding to the libc
getopt_long() ? Has anyone faced this same problem before ?

Thanks.
Ashok.