[rrd-developers] Re: re overriding Y-axis autoscaling

Terminator rAT karl_schilke at eli.net
Fri Mar 23 23:32:14 MET 2001

Hi, Steve.

We had much the same problem with RRD in an application here (which was
displaying caller counts on a dialup server in millicalls -- not very
intuitive ;^).

Adding the parameter "--upper-limit 1" to the rrdtool graph command
prevents RRD from generating graphs with units less than '1', so even in
cases of 0 callers (messages), the y-axis labels are still reasonable.

You may also wish to use "--lower-limit 0" to force the graph to extend
down to the origin for all values.  Whether you want this depends on the
type of data you're visualizing, obviously.

Hope that helps,

	-rAT

--
O----O  Karl "rat" Schilke  -+-  karl_schilke at eli.net  -+-  (360)816-3837