[rrd-developers] dash improvements etc

Peter Speck speck at ruc.dk
Tue Apr 16 21:44:58 MEST 2002

Hi Tobi et.al.,

2 patches for current cvs:

1) Improvement of svg/eps dash code so it adjusts dash-lengths for round
caps.
Patches only svg/eps code in src/rrd_gfx.c
http://www.vitality.dk/rrdtool/patches/2002-04-16-svgepsdash.diff

2) Modification of rrd_graph.c/h so it uses dashes for gridlines much
like
rrdtool 1.0
Avoids drawing minor vertical gridlines where a major gridline is
to  avoid artifacts from having the grey line beneath the red one.
Patches src/rrd_graph.c and src/rrd_graph.h
http://www.vitality.dk/rrdtool/patches/2002-04-16-griddash.diff

Partial screendump of svg, zoomed to 800%, 33Kb:
http://www.vitality.dk/rrdtool/dashes2.png

This code uses 0,0 for dash-orgin so all dashes are aligned. It seems ok
for now, future code might need to have control over the orgin. We might
just use a global dash-orgin in canvas_t for this, instead of having a
parameter for all draw-dash-line functions.

BTW. Unless I enables #include "rrd_tool.h" in rrd_graph.c, I get this
error on Solaris 2.6:
rrd_graph.c: In function `rrd_graph':
rrd_graph.c:2534: warning: implicit declaration of function `setlocale'
rrd_graph.c:2534: `LC_ALL' undeclared (first use in this function)

----
  - Peter Speck