[rrd-developers] Re: Fonts... again

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 5 16:53:15 MET 2002

Today arne.vandamme at pandora.be wrote:

> I've compiled the latest cvs snapshot (3 dec) of RRDtool 1.1 and
> have been experimenting for several hours now, but I can't seem
> to get font outlining done the proper way :(.
>
> I've tried lots of monospaced fonts (including the one that was
> provided with the last Fonts thread in the list, I'm still using
> that one at the moment), but none of them manages to outline like
> in the released 1.0 versions.
>
> So, is this a code issue (rrdtool itself or maybe something to do
> with libart ?) or am I just missing something ?  Any had better
> results lately ?

Arne,

It is an rrdtool issue ... the code for the support of tabs is not
in there yet ... part of the problem is that it is not entirely
clear to me how this will work out on the userinterface front ...

if you are willing to code, let me know I will answer any questions
you have

tobi

> Arne
>
> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager Coach Time Lord Developer Designer
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker +41(0)1-632-5286