[rrd-developers] POE::Component::RRDTool released

Todd Caine todd_caine at eli.net
Mon Jul 1 19:35:00 MEST 2002

Hi all,

I just release a POE interface to rrdtool.  For those of you
who aren't familiar with POE, the Perl Object Environment is
a framework for building event driven programs with perl.
Some people like to think of POE as "cooperatively time
sliced pseudo threads" for Perl but I like to think of it
more along the lines of a framework for building event
driven state machines.

I put together a tutorial for first time POE users which can
be found at http://www.tilderoot.com/~tcaine/poe/.

The RRD POE Component can be downloaded from
http://www.tilderoot.com/~tcaine/release/POE-Component-RRDTool/.
Make sure that you get version 0.12 or later of
PoCo-RRDTool.  Version 0.12 should be hitting your local
CPAN mirror by tomorrow morning.

You will need to use the latest version of POE to use the
RRDTool component.  If you are running an older version of
POE I can send you a trivial patch for part of POE's I/O
subsystem (POE::Wheel::Run) which makes it work properly
with PoCo-RRDTool.

http://telia.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/poe/POE-0.2101.tar.gz

Cheers,
Todd