[rrd-developers] Compiling RRDTool w/ PNG, etc.

Michael T. Babcock mbabcock at fibrespeed.net
Fri Jul 19 19:18:37 MEST 2002

Is there a good reason that I've missed for rrdtool coming with its own
copies of libpng, zlib and gd?  I would like to be able to compile
rrdtool against the versions of these libraries I have on my system but
the build system doesn't seem to allow for this.

I understand possible compatibility problems, but wouldn't detecting the
correct/compatible versions of these libraries be the 'right way'?

I'm having some problems with rrdtool as used by php4-rrdtool within
php4 which is also compiled against (newer versions of) libpng and rrdtool.

Some assistance / direction please? :)
--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed Ltd.