[rrd-developers] Tcl Error when graph has more then 3 items

Ricardo Jorge ricardoj at tridata.com.br
Thu Jun 6 00:44:17 MEST 2002

Hi there !

	I developing a tool that uses RRDtool and NTOP using Tcl, but when the
graph has more then 3 items the module generates a core dump.

	If I use up to 3 items everything works ok.

	When I generate the graph with the same elements using the command line
"rrdtool graph ..." everything works ok.

	I tested this, compiling versions 1.0.37 and 1.0.38 from scratch and
all the times I try to generate a graph with more then 3 item it gives
me a core dump.

	Then I downloaded an RPM version from RRDtool site (
http://digitalroadkill.net/public/rrdtool/RPM/gcc2/ ) and again there is
a core dump when I try to generate a graph with more then 3 items.

	After this test I am supposing the problem is not related to the
compilation, but instead, it is related to the Tcl module !

	Question : Is there anyone that make Tcl module worked with more then 3
item in a graph ? Is there anyone using RRDtool + Tcl ?

	Thank you for your attention and cooperation. Regards,

			Ricardo Jorge