[rrd-developers] Re: PIE CHART ??? (long)

Michael T. Babcock mbabcock at fibrespeed.net
Fri Jun 7 15:58:57 MEST 2002

> Perhaps there is a clever way to import the output of other programs
> into the canvas?  "rrdtool graph" could then call those other
> programs.

In my mind, 'rrdtool graph' would use an XML format to describe a
completed graph, and then fetch the data and prepare it for plotting.
If it had access to one of the (currently non-existent) programs it
supported, it would use one of them to create the given graph type (at
the user's discretion, unless of course, only one of those programs
supports a given graph type) by passing it the data points.  In the
absence of those programs, rrdtool would itself create the graph output
using the current routines.
--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed Ltd.