[rrd-developers] Re: Problem with perl (RRDs::graph) on XP, using Jun 10 snapshot

Calvert, Kerry kerry.calvert at intel.com
Fri Jun 14 01:18:11 MEST 2002

Jake,
RRDs::graph works if I comment out all of the "free(mem)" statements in
RRDs.xs where mem is allocated by rrd.
This means to me that the memory allocator used by RRD libs is somehow
different from the deallocator used in the RRDs.dll.  I think the problem is
somehow related to the build, since RRD is built within the .NET
environment, while the perl binding is built from a make file.  My machine
has only the .NET tools, so I am using the same compiler and linker.  I've
tried various combinations of library linking, but I've noticed no
difference in the results.

Any thoughts?

Kerry Calvert
Software Sustaining Engineer