[rrd-developers] Re: Problem with perl (RRDs::graph) on XP, using Jun 10 snapshot

Jake Brutlag jakeb at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 14 01:37:30 MEST 2002

> RRDs::graph works if I comment out all of the "free(mem)"
> statements in RRDs.xs where mem is allocated by rrd. This
This is free(calcpr), correct? This pointer points to the image data.
The library fucntion rrd_graph() does allow the calling environment to
allocate its own memory, but if you don't (as RRDs.xs does not), it will
do it for you. free(), calloc(), etc are libc functions. I wonder if the
problem is libc compatibility. Are you creating rrd.lib (produced in
src\release) with the same libc as you specified in ntmake.pl?

I still think the problem is related to the graph command in base.t
generating errors, because I get a runtime exception on my system.
Before you tried debug compilation and mucking with RRDs.xs were you
able to execute a simple graph command?

Jake