[rrd-developers] Re: Future RRD Framework Requirements

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 23:48:51 MEST 2002

--- Rainer Bawidamann <rainer.bawidamann at web.de> wrote:
>      http://togather.sourceforge.net/
>
> which is (another) rrdtool "frontend". It has some of the features you
> describe:
> - hierachical configuration
> - threshold checking (only alarm after x occurences of threshold violation,
>   don't alarm twice in an hour ...)
> - configuration of collection and displaying independent (monitoring config
>   is tight to the collection config)
> - CGI frontend (what do you expect from me?)
> - a web-based MIB browser

Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

> PS: Unfortunatly I don't have time to work on this anymore. Maybe I should
>     look for a job at university like Tobi ;-)

Don't say that. I've been there, it's a nice environment, but his job has nothing
to do with RRD.

As for myself, my current customer is interested in what I do, and that's related
to network monitoring, but I don't know yet how much time I can devote to it.
And I rarely work at nights... Actually, often at nights I do something like this:
http://sinyagin.pp.ru/jpfood-ch.html  I mean, writing it, not eating...

Cheers,
Stan