[rrd-developers] Built on Cygwin

Marcus Vinicius Ferreira marcus_ferreira at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 14:14:04 MET 2002

Hi guys,

I am trying to install RRDToll on Cygwin but it's failing with this error:

.libs/librrd.a(pngsize.o)(.text+0x10d):/cygdrive/c/downloads/www/www.orcaware.co
m/orca/pub/orca-0.27b3/packages/rrdtool-1.0.40/src/pngsize.c:34: undefined
refer
ence to `__imp__png_destroy_read_struct'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [rrdcgi] Error 1

Even after editing src/Makefile.in with "-DPNG_STATIC" appears not to be
working. In fact, I have more errors now than before.

Any ideas?

I am using
  RRDTool 1.0.40
  gcc 3.2
  cygwin 1.3.12

> All,
>
> Just a quick note to let you know I managed to get RRDtool built under Cygwin
(running under Windows XP). Initially this was failing to link with the PNG
libraries. Seems that unless 'PNG_STATIC' is defined when some of the RRD
objects are compiled the '_imp__' prefix is added to objects, which of course
cannot be found in the static library built for RRD.

> I got this to work by a very simple fix, ammend the following line in
src/Makefile.in and re-run configure:

> CFLAGS = @CFLAGS@ -DPNG_STATIC
>
> There's probably a better way to do this, but you get the idea. Hope this
ends up in the stock distribution?