[rrd-developers] Options I am looking at adding

Gandt, Eric Eric.Gandt at usi.net
Sun Nov 24 02:56:56 MET 2002

I'm looking to add the following to RRD Tool, I have already modified a stable version to include these option, but am now looking at adding them to the development version:

1.  Ability to support dual independant axis, each with its own limits
2.  Ability to created filled in regions that can that can be used a indecators
3.  A cleaner and more readable legend style

new commandline option this would require:

-n 'left_legend:right_legend' , create custom legend headers

FILL:920805000:0:920807000:0#00FF00:60:r:'me2' , create a custom filled region

--vertical-label='speed:distance' , the : seperates the left and right axis description

LINE2:mydistance#00FFFF:l:'distance traveled' , the addtion of the l, tell what axis to

graph against if both a left and right exist

Enclosed is as an example of such a graph created with my previously modified version.
If you have any suggestion on how I can improve this format, pior to my start on the
development version, please let me know.

Eric Gandt

-- Type: image/x-png
-- Desc: test2_3.png
-- Size: 9k (9575 bytes)