[rrd-developers] Re: Possible "create as clone"?

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 29 12:48:02 MET 2002

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> Today David Lee wrote:
>
> > If the above functionality already exists, my apologies: just point me to
> > the correct man page (or whatever).  We have version 1.0.34 and yesterday
> > I skimmed through 1.0.40 .
>
> try rrdtool info

Thanks.  I had checked the documention but must have missed that.  It is
missing from the "rrdtool" man page which documents the other man pages
except that one.

So could I suggest the documentation patch (based on 1.0.40) something
like:

-------------------- snip -------------
*** doc/rrdtool.pod.orig        Fri May 17 13:59:07 2002
--- doc/rrdtool.pod     Fri Nov 29 11:39:51 2002
***************

  Restore an RRD in XML format to a binary rrd ... Check L<rrdrestore>

+ =item B<info>
+
+ Display information about an RRD ... Check L<rrdinfo>
+
  =item B<fetch>

  Get data for a certain time period from a RRD. The graph function