[rrd-developers] Re: Possible "create as clone"?

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 29 13:20:12 MET 2002

Hello all,

--- David Lee <t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk> wrote:
> 1. Is there already an easy way to create new (empty) rrd using existing
>    rrd as a prototype?  (Something like "rrd dump" with "rrd restore" but
>    excluding the data.)

As Tobi mentioned, there's "rrdtool info" which provides
you with all the neccessary information.

Also there's my Perl script, which may be useful for you, after
some tweaking. Its main puropose is Holt-Winters forecasting,
but still it does what you wanted: read the old RRD information and
create another file with same or tuned settings:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rrfw/src/bin/rrd_hwreapply.in

Regards,
Stan