[rrd-developers] Re: Fonts and rrdtool-2002-10-23

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 25 07:23:56 MEST 2002

Yesterday rrd wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just started testing beta version and have the following situation
> about fonts. Have no idea about TrueType, etc, but,
>
> using either rrdtool.ttf sugested by
> http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/rrd-developers/msg01033.html
> or any other, have the following status:
>
> PNG: font is used, no errors, but vertical-label is
> 	in the top-left corner and inverted. (it's celsius)
> PDF: font is ignored, output errors (can't find font .., about 40 times)
> 	output uses default Helvetica font, label is OK
> SVG: like PDF, the same error but only 11 times, and output
> 	whithout any text.
>
> In all cases we used the same command line (changing output extension
> and --imgformat) and the graph were OK.
>
> HTH.
> nico

Hi Nico,

yes you are right, the font handling is not good yet ... I expect
to be able to spend some time on the PNG side of things over the
next 3 weeks ... for the rest, patches are welcome !

tobi

> -- Attached file removed by Ecartis and put at URL below --
> -- Type: application/octet-stream
> -- Size: 12k (12333 bytes)
>

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager Coach Time Lord Developer Designer
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker +41(0)1-632-5286