[rrd-developers] Re: FOUND IT! (was: rrd_graph.c: draw_horizontal_grid()...)

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 21:33:28 MEST 2003

--- Jake Brutlag <jakeb at microsoft.com> wrote:
> rrd-developers-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch wrote:
> > As far as I understand (CVSWeb would be nice...), that's because of
> > the latest Jake's changes.
>
> As I noted in my last message re: versions, when I implemented version
> 2, I modified create so that version 1 files were still created UNLESS
> version 2 features were specifically requested (computed data sources,
> holt-winters RRAs). When Sasha implemented version 3, he kept the

sorry Jake, I didn't follow the last posts thoroughly. Your name was the
first in my mind when talking about RRD versions...

By the way, this was a good example of (valid) RRD data that could block
the grapher. Perhaps those near-limit numbers with too low exponents
need better treatment:

let's say alpha is the smallest positive double that is not null,
and H is the graph height, or some other characteristic number,
then the numbers between
0+(alpha*H) and 0-(alpha*H) should be treated as zero.

Cheers,
Stan