[rrd-developers] Re: Developing against librrd

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 23:22:00 MET 2003

Hi David,

off the topic: why at all do you need a new SNMP collector,
and why in C?

If you're concerned about Perl performance, there's a solution:
David M. Town's Net::SNMP module gives a very good performance,
if used properly. It sends out as many UDP packets as possible,
asynchronously collecting the responces.

I used to collect interface counters from 150 backbone devices,
and the collector run cycle lasted less than 1 minute, including the
time of writing the RRD files. This is used in my http://rrfw.sourceforge.net

Regards,
Stan