[rrd-developers] Re: NT Version of 1.1-dev code

Ian Holsman rrd.developers at holsman.net
Mon Mar 24 19:48:18 MET 2003

Peter Stamfest wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Ian Holsman wrote:
>

> What do you think about the overall design of the thread-safety stuff? Did
> it provide for all that was needed to get you going on win32? What could
> be improved?

I haven't really started pushing the thread-safety stuff yet.
the only thing I could have used API'wise is a application_init/application_term
call so I could put the global initialization stuff in, but I don't think RRD actually
has this, so I had to resort to calling the init function every call (just like your pthread
implementation calls pthread_once every call).

(the next step for me is to get the perl-interface working, as it was crashing for me on linux, and
I like the NT Debugger/IDE better)

ps.. I don't think the NT version of localtime is re-entrant, as you can't pass a block of assigned
memory to it.

--Ian