[rrd-developers] Re: version correction

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri May 2 19:53:00 MEST 2003

Today Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:

> --- Sasha Mikheev <sasha at avalon-net.co.il> wrote:
> > With my patch rrd tool will always create rrd
> > file of the _current_ version. So I dont see a need to modify fwrite.
>
> As far as I remember, Jake was working on a feature that selects
> the proper version (1 or 2) depending on the set of features requested
> in RRD creation.
> If so, your efforts are kindof conflicting.

Stan,

Jacks holt winters stuff was done during 1.0.x and as such did try
to make sure it does not create version 2 unless someone was
explicitly using holt winters ... in 1.1.x this is not such a
problem, here is is important that we can correctly read all the
old formats ... and preferably also old 'dump' format which is not
the case presently ...

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker   +41(0)1-632-5286