[rrd-developers] build to release help

Mark Probert probertm at acm.org
Wed Aug 10 01:17:42 MEST 2005

Hi ..

I am trying to build Firebird 1.5.2 under Solaris 8.  It has been quite
a learning experience so far, but I seem to have gotten to the stage
where all the parts are compiled.

So, in order to create the released version, do I just take the output
in

  ($TOP)/temp/gen/firebird

and place it somewhere appropriate, like /opt/firebird, and create
symlinks in /usr/local/bin (or wherever)?  Oh, and make sure that the
dynamic linker can find the shared libraries (LD_LIBRARY_PATH update).

The reason I ask is that the install section of the Makefile refers to a
file 'Makefile.install' that seems to be missing from the source
distro.

Unrelatedly, by default it seems make creates a Classic Server.  What
config option do I use to create a Super Server?

Many thanks,

--
-mark.  (probertm at acm dot org)