[rrd-developers] rrdtool-1.2.12 ... the christmas release
oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Dec 18 22:28:17 MET 2005
RRDtool 1.2.12 the Christmas Release
Right in time for the holiday season I am releasing a new version
of RRDtool with a bunch of new features and bug fixes. Enjoy!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
You can download the latest release of RRDtool from
* RRDtrac website with Wiki, Bugtracking, SVN Code Browser
* Added FLOSS exception to allow RRDtool to be legally used
in connection with PHP and other tools with broken licenses.
Check out the COPYRIGHT document in the release.
* Improved look of configure output on screen
* Do not require libcgi anymore. The necessary functionality has
been integrated into rrd_cgi.c
* More detailed error messages from rrdtool graph
* Added Makefile.NewWare for building on Netware.
* Choose graph labels according to length of time shown in graph.
* New VDEF functions: least squares slope, intercept & correlation
for simple forecasting.
* Improved rendering performance by not drawing co-linear points.
* Fix N: update bug where unknown was turned into zero.
* Added note on VDEF not being general purpose to the
* Fix misc bugs in the example scripts.
* When rrd_resize converts a v1 rrd to a v3 it should also update
* Improved cygwin compatibility of configure script
* Allow mmap for cygwin
* Properly make clean bindings
* Minus two memory leaks in rrd_gfx.c
* Fix handling of gdef step in rrd_graph
* Make -r option for rrd_restore work
* Do not double free in rrd_restore.
* Allocate enough memory in rrd_fetch even when 0 rows are
* Do not compare floating point numbers directly in rrd_graph
the results were wrong more often than right.
* Make rrd_tool work better on systems without chroot ability.
______ __ _
/_ __/_ / / (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
/ // _ \/ _ \/ / System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker +41(0)44-632-5286
Unsubscribe mailto:rrd-developers-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe
Help mailto:rrd-developers-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=help
More information about the rrd-developers