[rrd-developers] Feature status/requests - sub second resolution & 'relative' time

Pete Lancashire list at pdxeng.com
Mon Mar 7 18:12:52 MET 2005

Sub Second Resolution

   In searching the archives, there was a response to
   a request for greater resolution. Has anything been
   done along these lines ?

Relative StartTtime

   I'm not sure if this is what one would call it, but
   I have a need to have a rrd database that is data
   from time series data. start time is always "zero"
   in my case.

What I want to do is use rrdtool to assist in analyzing
data from wind turbines. Examples of this data is for
performance or fault analysis. Samples are taken every
6.25 milliseconds for 10 minutes and placed in a real
time database. I currently extract this data into MySQL,
and work on it from there.

I would love to take this data and place it in a rrd database.

Currently as a work around, I created a dummy start
time Jan 1 2000, and multiplied my time steps by 100,000.
Pretty messy coding at times :).

-pete