[rrd-developers] Re: GD in rrdtool 1.2

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sat May 14 02:32:30 MEST 2005

Dale,

> Anti-Aliasing is usually a good thing however, when the
anti-aliasing is done
> is also important, GD unfortunately does this before manipulating
an image and
> this is where the problem occurs

libart does pretty good antialiasing, this is not the issue ...
John is looking for 'non anti-aliase crisp' graphs.

> Ideally, you want GD2 functionality but moving away from png if
at all
> possible.

What is your problem with PNG ? And btw the graphing and the output
format are not linked ... except that we would want to have a
format that supports truecolor and transparency ...

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker +41(0)44-632-5286