[rrd-developers] Re: Multi-Threaded JNI code

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Thu Jul 20 16:30:17 MEST 2006

Robert Halstead wrote:
> Hello all,
> After a couple of weeks battling rrdtool and JNI, I finally come out on
> top.  I'm fairly new to the java community and really new to rrdtool, but we
> are developing a writer for cacti in java trying to do multi-threaded rrd
> writes and thought I might share my experiences.

You can check out some of the work we've done on OpenNMS. We have an
RRDTool JNI class at the moment, but it is still single threaded. Our
yearly developer's conference is next week and I plan to modify it to
take advantage of the thread-safe calls in 1.2.

I assume the code you posted is free? (grin)

-T

--

Tarus Balog
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.