[rrd-developers] Re: bug in rrdtool restore function

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon May 29 08:06:46 MEST 2006

Hi Ian,

the rrdtool parser does not aim to be able to parse valid xml ...
it only wants to parse rrdtool dump output ...

my hunch is that fixing this one problem would only be the
beginning of a long stretch of issues ...

is there a particular reason you have for wanting to fix this
issues ?

> as a followup to my how to merge 2 rrd's post later I started going
> to XML manipulation route.
>
> I noticed that RRD doesn't like to restore a document that starts
> with the following
>
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>
> which is valid xml.
> I'm thinking the 'eat_tag' function needs to be adjusted to cater for
> this.
>
> any thoughts?
>
> --

ETH Zurich
Tobias Oetiker, IT Support Group D-ITET (ISG.EE)
ETL F24.2, Physikstrasse 3, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Phone +41 44 63 25286,  http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker/