[rrd-developers] Re: bug in rrdtool restore function

Ian Holsman lists at holsman.net
Mon May 29 09:03:36 MEST 2006

On 29/05/2006, at 4:06 PM, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>

> my hunch is that fixing this one problem would only be the
> beginning of a long stretch of issues ...

I don't think so.. other than that the output python's xml dom writes
is fine.

> is there a particular reason you have for wanting to fix this
> issues ?

yes.. I have ~10,000 RRD's with a bad RRA definition which is saving
stuff for only 3 months. (instead of 2 years)
I am shoving the data from a backup RRD into the current one and
recreating it.
the only way I know how to do this is via the XML output of both...
it seems to work ok, but it is slow.
my solution to this issue is just to skip the first 22 bytes of the
XML that python generates.

regards
Ian.