[rrd-developers] Bug detected in the graph function...

ch_cu2 at yahoo.fr ch_cu2 at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 7 17:30:03 MEST 2006

Hi Tobias,
While comparing the result of my c# port of jrobin with those of
rrdtool, I've detected a strange behavior in rrdtool (version used:
1.2.15). I'm building two graphs based on the same rrd file (1 DS, 6
RRA: 1 average + the 5 holtwinters ones).
- The first graph (ifInOctets_tool.png) displays all the values of the
rrd file, ie 9100 values on a couple of weeks. The maximum it shows is
around 2 Mo.
- The second (ifInOctets_zoom_tool.png) graph focuses on the few days
where the maximum is (that is, only the start and end time differ
between the two graphs).  And there, the maximum the second graph shows
is around 6 Mo, which is the correct value.

I didn't find anything in the documentation about this. So... a bug or a
feature I missed?

Cheers,

Chris

-- Type: image/png