[rrd-developers] Patch: Allow control code "\J" (Unknown control code at the end of...)

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Jun 1 10:49:33 CEST 2007

Roger,

the problem is that until 1.2.15 rrdtool did not complain when you
used a non-existing control code ... non existing control codes
were interpreted as \l ...

so instead of using \l as you should have (this is in the
documentation) you used an arbitrary letter

so in the same way as you want \J to become \l any other user could
wish for his favorite letter to become \l too, leaving us with
about 40 aliases for \l and nothing to spare ...

this is not realy a good way forware in my eyes ...

fix your application, or apply your patch to your local copy of
rrdtool ...

sorry
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902