[rrd-developers] rrdgraph reports not printing when specifying standard output '-' as filename

Matthew Chambers matthew.chambers at vanderbilt.edu
Tue May 15 19:44:41 CEST 2007

I run a command like:

rrdtool graph - --start -3600 --end N DEF:m0='load_five.rrd':'sum':AVERAGE
PRINT:m0:MAX:%.2lf

which should simply print the maximum load over the last hour.  This works
fine on 1.0.38 (the only other version I've tested on), but not in 1.2.23.
At someone's suggestion, I tried outputting to /dev/null instead of standard
out and the PRINT lines then show up on standard out.  But that's not
portable, so what's the solution here?

Thanks,

Matt Chambers