[rrd-developers] SQL Backend request

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Wed May 16 10:00:12 CEST 2007

Hi Martin,

I am still gathering data ... but it seems all to come down to

* file system cache pollution through other processes
* and the time you give the system to deal with dirty bufffers
* the block queuse size may also play a role.
* I think we could gain quite a lot by using fadvise in rrdtool to
  only keep the header portion of the file in cache.
  will try this later today ...

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902